Thursday, August 18, 2011

Abby & Darin: NYC City Hall Wedding: NYC Wedding Photographer

Ok, who doesn't love a good old romantic City Hall Wedding?  I know I do. Big time.  So when Abby and Darin booked me to shoot their September 10th wedding this year, and opted to have me shoot their civil ceremony at NYC's City Hall prior to the actual wedding, instead of an engagement session, I was uber excited.  Abby and Darin's officiant isn't ordained, so in order to make this matrimony legal they had to head downtown ahead of time.

Abby did NOT wear white, which I loved, and Darin wore jeans.  YES, jeans.  Which was even more awesome.  It wasn't about putting on a show, or following any rules.  It was ALL about them.  We were joined by their very fun loving and fabulous group of friends.  Abby #2, Georgia, Mike, and Jessie/y did such a lovely job of adding a positive and meaningful energy to the experience, and giving me even more fun things to photograph.

Our original plan after the nuptials was to head up to Harlem, where Darin used to work at Dinosaur BBQ, to do some portraits. *Side Note: They are having Dino cater their wedding on 9/10/11, which is soooo awesome, and I know first hand because Michael and I also had our wedding catered by Dino!*
Anyhoo, we decided it wouldn't be necessary to make the long trip uptown.  So instead, we set out on a quest to find some cool and spontaneous spots for pictures in the general downtown vicinity.  We worked our way through the out skirts of Chinatown, up into Nolita, and wound up just inside Soho at Osteria Mornini and Lobster Bar.   There were oysters, and champagne, and lots of love and laughs.  I was having so much fun "at work" with this group of people that I broke my cardinal rule of no drinking while on the clock, and toasted to their love and long life together with a glass of champagne(ok maybe it was more than one, shhhh don't tell anyone), but what a fun, inspiring, and fulfilling afternoon/early evening it turned out to be.

Thank you Abby and Darin, I'm very much looking forward to your next big day in September.































2 comments:

  1. Fabulously happy photos! Love how the splash of riotous colors on the bride's beautiful dress seemed to pull color toward the couple from the selected backgrounds (which were fabulous, too!)

    Great couple! Congratulations to them on their marriage ~ and on their choice of wedding photographer!

    ReplyDelete